NewsTensions between Russia and UkraineWorld

Lugansk official: Russia makes a big attack, Ukrainian troops withdraw from combat positions

Lugansk official: Russia made a big attack, Ukrainian troops withdrew from combat positions - 1

Ukrainian soldiers on the front lines of Donetsk (Photo: Reuters).

The Russian army advancing in the vicinity of Artyomovsk (Ukraine called Bakhmut) of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) has discovered units of the Ukrainian army leaving their combat positions near this city, Andrey said. Marochko retired lieutenant colonel of the self-proclaimed Lugansk People’s Republic (LPR), told news agency Tass (Russia) on February 14.

“In the vicinity of the residential area of ​​Artyomovsk (Bakhmut), Ukrainian servicemen were seen voluntarily leaving their positions. After the successful attacks of our shock units, the retreat of Ukrainian soldiers from previously occupied positions have been discovered,” he said.

Marochko said the actions of Ukrainian soldiers “show signs of chaos, panic”. He emphasized “weapons and equipment military still placed in the firing position”.

Yevegeny Prigozhin, head of the Russian private military force Wagner, said on February 12 that Russian forces had taken control of the Krasnaya Gora region near Bakhmut, in the Donetsk region of eastern Ukraine. New York Times The Russian Defense Ministry also quoted the Russian Defense Ministry as saying that the Krasnaya Gora region, located north of Bakhmut, was already under the control of the Russian military.

Associated Klymenko Time Ukraine’s army quoted a Ukrainian commander as saying that the Ukrainian military will not allow civilians, including volunteers, to enter the city of Bakhmut, starting from February 13. Only those with special permits can enter the city, and the ban was deemed necessary to ensure the security of civilians.

According to New York Times, a ban on civilians and volunteers from accessing Bakhmut could be the first step in Ukraine’s withdrawal from the city. The US newspaper said that the decision to ban civilians from entering the city may show that the Ukrainian military is no longer able to ensure the safety of people, even in areas that were considered relatively safe before, such as limited to the districts on the west bank of the Bakhmutka River.

Earlier, Denis Pushilin, the head of the separatist Donetsk region, said the fighting between the two sides had shifted to the outskirts of Bakhmut, close to the area controlled by Ukraine.

Late last month, Colonel Vitaly Kiselev, a military expert from the Lugansk separatist militia, was setting up a pincer posture to encircle Ukraine in Bakhmut.

Meanwhile, Igor Kimakovsky, an adviser to the head of the separatist region Lugansk, said on February 10 that, up to now, all routes leading to the Bakhmut stronghold of the Ukrainian army are below the reach of the Ukrainian army. control of Russian firepower.

Ukraine says Russia has launched an offensive operation to try to control Bakhmut since last summer. Both sides are said to have suffered heavy losses when fighting in this stronghold.

According to adviser Kimakovsky, Ukrainian defense forces in Bakhmut will soon be surrounded and will likely have to surrender in the near future.

Meanwhile, Oleksandr Syrskyi, commander of the Ground Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, said that the surrounding mountainous terrain, along with the barricade system of the Ukrainian army, made the city of Bakhmut a cannon. invincible station.

You are reading the article Lugansk official: Russia makes a big attack, Ukrainian troops withdraw from combat positions
at Thuvienpc.com – Source: Dantri.com.vn – Read the original article here

Back to top button