Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria: Turkey announces reconstruction plan
According to Turkey’s special envoy for dialogue with Armenia, Serdar Kilic, five trucks carrying aid including food and water have arrived in Turkey from the Alican border crossing.
State news agency Anadolu said it was the first time the Alican border gate had opened since 1988.
On the same day, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said that in the next few weeks, the country will begin to launch a plan to rebuild buildings damaged by the earthquake.
Speaking during a visit to the quake-hit area, Erdogan said hundreds of thousands of buildings across southern Turkey were uninhabitable and that the government would soon begin the reconstruction process in the coming weeks.
The Turkish leader also said the government will take action against those engaged in looting and other crimes in the earthquake-affected area.
“We have declared a state of emergency. That means that from now on, those involved in looting or kidnapping will be dealt with,” he said.
Earlier, on February 10, Mr. Erdogan said there had been looting in some earthquake-stricken areas.
According to the Turkish leader, the number of victims in the country has reached 21,043 (as of 20:00 on February 11, Hanoi time).
at Thuvienpc.com – Source: Baotintuc.vn – Read the original article here